Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jets send Mohr back to NAHL with Wichita Falls

WATERFORD, MI – Zach Mohr is the latest Metro Jets player to earn a promotion to the North American Hockey League as he was traded to the Wichita Falls Wildcats late last week and played in both games for the Wildcats over the weekend.

Mohr actually started the year in the NAHL with the Port Huron Fighting Falcons before joining the Jets in early November. Mohr tallied eight goals and eights assists for 16 points in 14 games with Metro. He went without a point last weekend as the Wildcats swept Corpus Christi in a battle of Texas-based teams.

“It’s a great feeling to get another shot at the NAHL,” said Mohr, a 19-year-old forward from Novi. “I’m going to try and make the best of it. My expectations are to come down here and try to contribute to the team every shift I get.”

Jets coach Jason Cirone, who has seen several players over the past 10 days make commitments for next year, knows Mohr will have a good showing in Wichita Falls.

“Zach was a really good player for us and I think he really fit in did everything we asked of him,” said Cirone. “I thought from the beginning when he came here that he was an NAHL-caliber player and in a good way, I hope he doesn’t come back here. He worked hard and earned this opportunity.”

Mohr said in the two-plus months he was in Waterford, he learned what it will take to keep his hockey progression moving upward.

“Jason is a great coach and it's obvious to everyone that he knows his stuff and moves players to the next level,” said Mohr. “The thing I learned from Jason was to trust my shot and keep my feet going at all times.

“’I’ll miss the guys the most. Every day I was there, it was fun and to me, that's what it’s all about.”

No comments:

Post a Comment