Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Captain's Corner - Mountain Cats home-and-home, three goalies

Each week during the 2013-14 season, Metro Jets’ captain Josh Beleski will give his thoughts on topics surrounding the team as it makes its way through the North American 3 Hockey League season, the 25th for the Jets as a junior franchise. 

-- On beating the Mountain Cats Sunday afternoon at home.

Yeah, I think it's always good to get a win. Now all we have to do is keep winning because if we want to make the playoffs, we can't keep winning a game and then losing two or three. But if we continue to play our game, then we will be fine.

-- On the Jets' current three-goalie rotation with Trevor Kalinowski, Kam Limburg and Davide Mantovani.

I think we truly have three of the top 10 goalies in the league. That is my opinion, though, and I only say this because I see them everyday and I know what they are capable of. I don't think we have a No. 1 goalie because they all have had some bad games, but then again, they have had some outstanding games as well.

-- On Wednesday night's game on the road against the Mountain Cats.

We have a very quick turnaround, but I think we are ready to play again. I don't think much will change with our one practice. We will probably work on some fundamentals and fine-tune some simple mistakes. Then it's time to get a big win the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment